-writing a program in shell vs a Python file
-programing a custom shape with line and fill colors
- Open IDLE, open shell
- Type in these lines in the Python shell:
- Add your own lines and make a square. HINT: what do you repeat to make a square? Did you get errors? Check the code for spelling and punctuation. Try again.
- Now…File, New.
- Enter the same lines into your new file to make a square.
- Save your file and watch it run. DON’T NAME YOUR FILE TURTLE. You can name it newturtle, newshape, etc.
- What’s the variable?
- Adding color:
- Fill the shape with color.
- Create shapes of your own design.
Resources and tips:
CTRL-S to save
F5 to run (also asks you to save)