Please be very respectful of your substitute teacher today. No games…no phones…
Your mission is work on your Dream Vacation website. Complete at least TWO of your pages during class today. Secrets to website success include:
>create a folder called Dream Vacation
>find your images FIRST. Save all of your images into Dream Vacation.
>scroll down to the bottom of the Dream Vacation website for links to help you with the HTML you need for this website.
tech news – Strava fitness app reveals locations of secret military bases
Actually, looking at human patterns and the density of where people are active is far more interest. Check out the Strava Heat Map.
begin your first web page: Dream Vacation.
School ends at 12:50.
1. review adding images
2. change background colors
3. make your background an image
4. create a new page
5. change page title
7. link pages
8. link to external website
your very first website – Dream Vacation
Sample html to get you started- click here!
Linking pages and linking to external websites:
Adding images: https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_images.asp
Changing background colors: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_body_bgcolor.asp
Making your web page background an image: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_body_background.asp
check and make sure that Brackets is installed – if not, download it here.
- Brackets intro
- open your HTML practice page
- adding images
- linking pages
First website –
- create three pages
- put an image on each page
- link each page to the other pages
- BEFORE you do anything else…check your computer so see if software called Brackets is installed on your computer. This will be our web editor and replace Dreamweaver.
If Brackets is installed, start it up as a test.
If Brackets is NOT installed, click here to begin the download.
2. While it downloads we will finish the presentations.
today – prepare for Thursday’s/Friday’s presentations. Everyone should be prepared to present in class on Thursday/Friday. If you are missing a group member you must be able to work present without them.
Here are all of the topics in case you need to refresh your memory.
Yes, your iPhone is tracking your location ALL THE TIME. How it works and how to adjust settings.
First half of class: MORE intro to HTML –
1. start Dreamweaver
2. go to Finder and create a folder called web design. Create a folder inside of this one called practice.
Second half of class: begin work on web development and design group presentations. Presentations will be held in class next Thursday. You have today, and Tuesday to work on this presentation.
- Topics will be chosen at random from my carefully crafted, organic, GMO-free descriptions.
- Use some kind of digital presentation to support your work (Google Presentation, Prezi, etc)
- Everyone in your group MUST speak and contribute
- Rehearse. Don’t read from the screen. Ever.
- Use visuals more than text. NO ONE wants to read your presentation.
Today we begin our second semester adventure with web development and design.
We will use Adobe Dreamweaver as our web editor. For today, search for and start Dreamweaver.
Tomorrow we will dig deeper into the background of web, HTML and how it’s used today.