Instruction from Varvil (20 min)
1. Types of holes
2. Types of screws
Flat, Phillips, Box (bugle or square), Phillips/box combo
3. Tips to drilling success
Aligning the axis of rotation
Work for today -shared by partners. Each of you should be hands-on with the tools.
1. Mark two screw locations on each of your maze pieces. If design is not approved, make the described changes.Get design approved.
2. Take a photo of your final plan with the screw locations. (POST THIS PICTURE TO YOUR BLOG TONIGHT)
3. Align and clamp your front panel and back panel together. Drill pilot holes through BOTH boards. (This will keep your maze pieces in the correct spots after you cut them out)
3. Unclamp your panels and take your front panel to the band saw. Cut out your maze pieces. Be sure each partner has the opportunity to make cuts. Note: you will be cutting through the paper plan. Respect the Silver Circle!!
4. Use a through hole sized drill bit to expand the pilot holes in your maze pieces to the throughhole size.
5. Countersink the through holes on your maze pieces
6. Mount your maze pieces to the back panel using 1.25″ box head screws
Document your work and tool use by taking photos. Be sure to get a shot at the end of the day of your progress with pieces mounted.
Update your blog with the photos and answer the following questions:
1. What did you use and what did you learn today?
2. What did your accomplish on your Marble Maze today?
3. What will you work on next Tuesday?