- how to use an integer in input – perfect for getting a value that would be used for a calculation OR measurement.
- today’s assignment: Python Choose Your Circles
It is time. Time to talk about inputs. Please turn off your monitors while we enjoy an intro to inputs and variables.
Time to ask for input from your user. Click here for an example.
Today we will start by entering these lines of code into your codehs.com sandbox. Create a new sandbox and call it (yourlastname)_inputtest like milstead_inputtest.
Now you get to write a program that will ask what line color and fill color you want for your custom circle. Click here for the program details & magic.
Class expectations review:
1. no food or drink in the classroom – you can keep it near the front door
2. do not touch other people’s computers.
3. do not disconnect any cables or cords from the school computers without permission
4. do not connect any devices to the school computers without permission
AI in class – use of AI for any assignments will result in a zero on that assignment.
Today’s work: Functions and For loops in Python
Please turn off your monitors while we discuss the use of for loops and functions
Let’s dive in to Python.
Today we honor your work on the Scratch Original Game.
Today’s the day to finish up your Scratch Original Game.
By the end of class today, please do the following:
1. turn in your game on Canvas by submitting the share link.
2. submit your game to the class Google form. This will create a list of all of your games. Click here for the Original Game Google Form.
Scratch Original Game – continue your work today. Your finished game is the at the end of class tomorrow (Tuesday).
There’s a solar eclipse this Saturday – don’t look directly at the sun.
Scratch Original Game – continue your work today. Note that you have a NEW progress check due at the end of class today on Canvas.
Scratch Original Game progress check on Canvas – answer two questions about your game progress.