We continue working on our Ultrasonic Robot Builds.
While I am working with troubleshooting, you can run the obstacle course.
Next up: using Arduino functions – this first assignment is Tinkercad only.
Functions are like mini-programs within a larger program. They save you A LOT of time in programming and in running your program.
After you complete the function in Tinkercad you will add functions to your robot to give it more behaviors. Click here for Ultrasonic Robots with Functions.
Today we will setup a circuit and program with an ultrasonic sensor and one continuous servo. Click here for Part 1.
Hello Principles of Tech!
Today we will continue our work with Arduino, ultrasonic sensors and LCD displays. All the details are in the Arduino Warning System assignment.
We are fully into LCD displays and Arduino. Here’s what we are working on:
- Create a real circuit with your LCD and Arduino.
- Tinkercad: custom characters on an LCD.
- Tinkercad: multi-line characters on an LCD.
Then we are pausing on LCD characters to work with the ultrasonic sensor.
Start with the ultrasonic sensor intro right here.
Once we build our skills with ultrasonic sensors you will be able to build a sonic warning sensor to tell you if you are too close or too far from an object.
Let’s keep going with the Arduino and LCD screen.
- finish up the Arduino LCD assignment. This will be done in Tinkercad to start.
- then let’s go the your REAL Arduino and LCD display. You can wire up your LCD screen to match your Tinkercad design. We MIGHT need to add a device called a potentiometer.
- That was fun – now let’s try something else: LCD Custom Characters.
Today we will be in room 127.
Ok, well I’m on zoom right here: https://tamdistrict-org.zoom.us/j/97548014699
Whether you are in the room or at home, please join the zoom so I can help with troubleshooting, etc.
You have two items for today:
1. finish up your Future Transportation design and send me the STL.
2. after you finish the above assignment, dig into the Arduino LCD assignment. This will be done in Tinkercad to start.
Today we will meet in 127 and then head down to Engineering.
Once we arrive in Engineering we will refill our Arduino kits with any missing components. Then we will bring our Arduino kits back to 127 for safe keeping.
On Tuesday we will be in 127. Our plan will be to:
1. finish up your Future Vehicle design.
2. Work on using an LCD display with your Arduino.
Today’s agenda – you will have time to finish your keychains today:
- new tools in Tinkercad:
- Future of Transportation