did you see the new Tesla Model X? The doors!!
- finish your notebook clip
- update your website
- once you have accomplished both – and show me your website – then you may start the next project.
the next project
review Magnetic Ring assignment.
If you have not finished and submitted your keychain do that first. Then answer questions 1-3 on your Project Website. Click here for a link to the questions.
If your keychain has been printed then do the following:
- remove the raft and clean up the design. Put any plastic bits in the garbage.
- take a photo of your keychain for posting on your project website.
- update your project website by answering questions 4 and 5.
After you have updated your project website for the keychain then move onto the magnetic ring project.
- fill out the measurement worksheet-
- measure your finger at the knuckle. Then do it again. Write down the measurement.
- measure your magnet. Then do it again. Write down both measurements.
- draw three different design for your ring.
- show me your completed measurement worksheet.
- start designing your ring.
- submit your ring here – make it public first.
- then answer questions 1-3 on your project website.
tech news- 3d printed cosmetics and houses
- log in to your computer
- log in to tinkercad.com
- forgot your password? Use “forgot password” on tinkercad.com.
- begin your keychain design. Make sure that you follow all guidelines related to object size.
- When you finish your keychain then go and update your Project Website using these guidelines.
- Next up – the Magnetic Ring design.
tech news – Texas 9th grader/future engineer get’s an invite to the White House
3d printed Ironman hand for child by Limbitless
- Point your browser to drakesoe.wordpress.com Hey look – you are here!
- Create your tinkercad.com account – once you get logged check out the lessons while everyone gets caught up with you.
- tinkercad skills:
- and now…your first 3d print: the keychain.
It’s our last day to get work done in the lab. On Monday we will all meet in Varvil’s room and you will spend the next three weeks working with him.
Each of you will receive an exit ticket to track your progress. You must show me this at end of class to leave the room. Anything that you have not completed by the end of class TODAY is due on Monday. It is your homework.
Make sure that your website is current and up to date. The following projects should be documented on your project website:
Follow these guidelines to make sure that your projects are current.
1. glue magnets to completed rings
2. finish 3d printed kinetic piece
Part 1 – update your Project website for the keychain and ring. Follow these guidelines and answer the questions as described. Do this for both the keychain and ring project.
Part 2 -finish assembling your ring and magnet. Keep the glue on the middle table and do not get it near the computers.
Part 3 – how to 3d print a moving object.
Part 4 – the kinetic 3d print.