|web design home||resources||contact|
Slice and Dice
This assignment combines Fireworks, Dreamweaver and YouTube. You will slice out two areas of your Fireworks page and replace them with HTML via Dreamweaver.
1. Choose a YouTube video.
2. Create a page in Fireworks with a design that
3. Save your Fireworks page as a PNG in a folder called slice.
4. Export your Fireworks page as HTML and Images into the folder called slice. Make sure that you set it to save images in a separate folder.
5. Open the HTML version of your page in Dreamweaver.
6. Delete the slice for the YouTube clip. Copy and paste the YouTube video embed code into the code for your page. Preview and see if it fits.
7. If the YouTube video fits then keep going. If not, go back to Fireworks and resize the slice. Go back to step 6.
8. Delete the other slice and type a few sentences into the empty table describing why you selected this clip.
9. Save it and preview. Happy? Upload to your bravenet site and email the URL of the page to email@example.com with the word SLICE in the subject line.
Why not add text in Fireworks? What's the difference if you use HTML for text?