Your mission is to create
a three page web site that promotes a specific product. This web site
would be the FIRST place a consumer would visit
before deciding to buy the product.
Step 1: Choose a product.
Think about ONE item that will be the focus of your web site. These days,
the choices are endless. Your best bet is to choose a product that
is available online which will provide you with access to existing
NOTE: You don't have to choose an incredibly complicated or well known
product-simpler can be better!
Step 2: Research
Look at other web sites that have successfully provided information about
some of the most popular products of the last century. Here are some
www.ronco.com - look
at individual products
Sunday Afternoons Hats
A Treasure Trove -
Step 3: Plan- before you fire
up Dreamweaver put some thought into your design and goals. Respond to
the following questions in an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Type product promotion in the subject line and include
your first and last name.
1) What product will you promote?
2) What is the target audience for your web site? Are they gamers,
cyclists, people who buy iPods, or senior citizens?
3) What will you do to increase their interest in your product?
4) What will you include in your web site that will make your product
appealing to this particular group?
Step 4: Details
Your web site
should include at least these four pages. OF COURSE, you may
>product information page - what does it do, why do you want to buy
>product review page - make up fake customer reviews.
>where to buy - include links to actual web sites (amazon.com, bestbuy.com,
Step 5: Create your web site-
1. Create a folder called "product".
2. Create a folder within the product folder called images. Save all
of your images in this folder.
3. Save your home page as index. Use one word names for the other pages.
4. Each page should have a complete set of links to the other pages in
Quality use of tables, colors,
images, readable text and backgrounds will affect your grade. Files
related to this project should follow the guidelines listed in step
5. All links should work. Proofread.
Peer critique- click here